On behalf of the Organizing Committee of the 36th Annual Conference of the International Society for Environmental Epidemiology, we would like to thank you for submitting your work as an abstract.
The online submission and evaluation process is administered by Kenes M+, the Conference Organizing Secretariat.
The abstract submission deadline has been extended until February 14, 2024, 23:59 (GMT -3).
Please take a moment to read the below guidelines before submitting your abstract:
Please use the same e-mail address and same Name-Surname while submitting your abstract via the portal and registering for the conference. Different e-mail addresses and name formats might disrupt communications concerning your registration and abstracts.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- All abstracts must be submitted online through the abstract submission system by the deadline given above. Abstracts that are sent via e-mail will not be included in the abstract review process.
- Please do NOT submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- Use acronyms only when necessary and define all abbreviations and concepts in your abstract at first use.
- The submitting and presenting authors are required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- Always make sure to check the final abstract with the system’s preview function before submission and edit or replace as necessary. It is the authors’ responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- Only the accepted abstracts of presenting authors who have completed their registrations and paid their registration fees by the registration deadline for abstract presenters will be included in the Scientific Program.
- A maximum of one oral and (or) two poster presentations can be made by one presenter.
ABSTRACT PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION ON THE SYSTEM
STEP 1- Presentation Options
- Topic/Sub-Topic: A main topic that is relevant for your abstract must be selected during Step 1 of the submission process. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the topics during the abstract review process.
- The topics for the 36th Annual Conference of the International Society for Environmental Epidemiology are listed on the Conference website. Please CLICK HERE to review the topics before proceeding with the submission process.
- Presentation type: Please choose one of the following:
- In-person oral presentation
- In-person poster presentation
- Virtual oral presentation
- Virtual poster presentation
The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the presentation type according to the requirements of the scientific program. Oral presentations can be converted to poster presentations depending on slot availability.
STEP 2 – Institution Information
- The institution(s) of the authors should be indicated fully with the “department” and “institution” names while avoiding any abbreviations such as Dept., Univ., Inst., Hosp., etc.
- The department and institution details, city and country should be written in lower case, with the initials of each word capitalized.
- Enter each affiliation only once: If there are 5 authors and 3 are from the same affiliation and 2 are from another, you will have 2 institutions, NOT 5. However, if there are 2 or more departments represented at the same institution, they should be entered separately.
- If any of the authors have more than one affiliation, enter both affiliations in a compounded style as one affiliation: If there are 5 authors and 2 are from same affiliation (Institute A), 2 are from another (Institute B), and 1 is from both affiliations (Institutes A and B), you will have 3 institutions, NOT 5 and NOT 2. (First institution: Institute A, second one: Institute B, and the third one: Institute A & Institute B).
- Please make sure to include the City and Country information at the end of each institution. For the US, please make sure to enter the country information as “United States” or “US” after writing the state name or its abbreviation. For the UK, please write the country name as “United Kingdom” or “UK.”
STEP 3 – Author Information
- The first, middle, and last names of all the authors must be fully indicated correctly and in the right order. Please pay attention to matching the institutions from the dropdown menu to the right authors, and make sure that you select the “presenting author” correctly.
STEP 4 – Presenting Author Information
- Please enter the presenting author’s contact information correctly.
It’s highly important for you to ensure that the e-mail address of the presenting author is entered correctly, as all communication regarding the acceptance, any required adjustments, and scheduling will be sent to the presenting author via e-mail by the Conference Organizing Secretariat.
- The presenting author will be required to register for the Conference to confirm acceptance of the abstract.
STEP 5 – Abstract Title
- An abstract must have a short, specific title (containing no abbreviations) that indicates the nature of the investigation.
- Abstract titles can contain a maximum of 20 words.
- Titles should not be written with all capitals.
- Use only generic drug names. Brand, product, or company names must not be used in the abstract title or text. The International Society for Environmental Epidemiology and/or the Organizing and Scientific Committees reserve the right to replace any brand name with a generic name.
STEP 6 – Abstract
- Abstract Body: The abstract body should not exceed 300 words. The title of the abstract, authors, institutions, and keywords are not included in this limit, and those should not be entered in this section.
- Abstract body should consist of the four sections given below:
- Objective: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract. Briefly describe the objectives of the study unless they are contained in the title.
- Material and Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly. Include a brief statement of methods if pertinent.
- Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text, table, and illustrations. State findings in sufficient detail to support conclusions.
- Conclusion: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
- Abstracts should not describe research in which the chemical identity or source of the reagent is proprietary or cannot be revealed.
- Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Non-standard abbreviations (kept to a minimum) must be placed in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase abbreviated.
- Do not include the names or personal information of any patient participating in a study or trial.
- Phrases such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” shall not be used.
- Please mention all sources of funding for the work described and other acknowledgements briefly at the end of the abstract text.
- To be compatible with the universal coding system, only the special characters provided on the system should be used. Please note that the abstracts in which other special characters are used may not be displayed correctly in publications due to the coding systems.
- Use only generic drug names. Brand, product, or company names must not be used in the abstract title or text. The International Society for Environmental Epidemiology and/or Organizing and Scientific Committees reserve the right to replace any brand name with a generic name.
STEP 7 – Keywords
- Keywords should not be included in any of the sections of the abstract body and written only in the section dedicated to keywords.
- Minimum 2 keywords are required, and maximum 6 keywords can be entered. All keywords should be separated with commas and MUST be selected from the Keywords list which can be found HERE.
- All keywords should be written in lower case and separated with comma (,). Please do NOT use comma for anything else in the keywords section.
STEP 8 – Additional Files
- Images, tables, diagrams, and graphs are NOT accepted.
STEP 9 – Preview & Check
- The submitting authors are required to preview the abstract at this step and confirm the preview at this step.
- Any comments and/or additional information to be shared with the Scientific Committee can be submitted through the comment box.
STEP 10 – Submit to the Committee
- It is required to answer all questions before submitting your abstract. Please select/check your answer and then click on the “Choose” button for each one.
- If you have not completed all the required sections of your abstract, you won’t see the submission button. Only after completing all required fields, the submission button will be enabled for you.
- When the submission process is finalized, you will see your abstract under the heading “Submitted Abstracts”. If your abstract is not seen there, please kindly turn back and check the steps of your submission. Please be aware that the Scientific Committee will not receive “Not-Submitted Abstracts” and these therefore CANNOT be taken into consideration in the abstract review process.
- Upon submitting of your abstract an e-mail including the “Abstract Number” and “Abstract Title” will be sent to the submitting author. Please make sure to save your username and password for future use. If you cannot remember your credentials, please get in contact with the Conference Organizing Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can make edits on your abstract before submitting it to the Scientific Committee. After the submission is completed, no edits will be allowed on the system even if there is time until the deadline. In that case, if you have to make some edits on your abstract after submitting but before the submission deadline, please contact with the Conference Organizing Secretariat at email@example.com.
REVIEW PROCESS AND ACCEPTANCE LETTERS
All submitted abstracts will be scored and passed through a review process after the submission closes. The notification letters about acceptance of the abstracts including the presentation details (date, time, venue, presentation number, etc.) will be sent to the presenter author’s e-mail address.
REGISTRATION OF ABSTRACT PRESENTERS
The presenting author(s) must be registered for the Conference latest by April 3, 2024, which is the registration deadline for abstract presenters.
The abstracts of unregistered presenting authors who do not complete registration (including payment) by this deadline will be removed from the final program and all publications.
Thank you for submitting your work for consideration. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, should you have any specific inquiries.
The abstract submission system will close by the extended deadline of February 14, 2024, 23:59 (GMT -3). Please make sure to check your time difference to determine the submission deadline according to your local time.